Sunday, November 6, 2011

Henna Time

Henna Knowledge: For those who do not know what Henna is. 
Henna has been around since the Bronze Ages and it comes from a flower called Lawsonia Inermis. Henna is a natural temporary tattoo that stains the skin to reddish-brown, orange, or brown. If you ever decide to get a henna tattoo or buy some for yourself, remember that there is no such thing as Black Henna, without being natural or tampered with hair dye.

Jen's experience with Henna:
The first time that I encounter Henna was in the International Make-up Artist Trade Show (IMATS) and decided to buy one tube, to try it out. Next thing you know, I became addictive to Henna, and so I decided to do my research to find more henna. I was able to obtain more henna from, ebay, and city of Artesia. So far IMATS has been the best henna, and I do not remember the name of the distributor who sold it to me. So I will continue my search for the best henna.

When buying henna there is two popular choices:
1)    In powder form, where you can make your henna your way.
2)    Pre-made. (It looks like toothpaste in a tube)
-If you want more information about Henna click the hyperlink below.


Here is some of my artwork with Henna
This is fresh henna, just finish the application



When adding henna onto sole of your feet or  your palms, the henna turns to an orange color.



2 comments:

  1. this is really nice i dont really know alot about henna but these are very pretty designs.... I was curious about how long does it stay on???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually henna can last MORE than 3 days! But sometimes it depends how old the henna is (meaning the henna has already oxidize). It also depends how well you take care of your henna & try to stay away from going into any pools or any beach. (I had to learn the hard way, since my first henna wash away by beach!)

    ReplyDelete